Apply For a Federal Tax ID in Montana

Most people may not think of Montana as a hub of business activity. But there are actually several reasons to start a company in Big Sky Country. The state has a low cost of living, which makes it easier to attract potential new employees. Companies are also more likely to succeed in Montana compared to most other states. In 2016, GOBankingRates found that Montana had the third-best business survival rate in the nation. It is no wonder that as of 2016, Montana has the highest rate of new entrepreneurs in the county. Montana is consistently ranked among the best places to live in the United States, and as such, offers a wealth of opportunities when it comes to opening a new business. The state’s vast selection of recreational activities and natural resources attract people from everywhere to enjoy its benefits. Furthermore, businesses in Montana don’t have to collect or pay sales tax, and property is relatively inexpensive.

If you decide to start a business in Montana, you first must get a Montana tax ID number. A tax ID number, or an Employer Identification Number (EIN), is essentially a social security number for your company. You need an EIN in order to establish your business and hire any employees.

Need specific information on filing for your state articles in Montana? Learn more about starting an LLC in Montana HERE,  staring an S-Corporation in Montana HERE, and staring a Corporation in Montana HERE.

File for Montana EIN

When you’re getting ready to open your own business and need an EIN filing service, GovDocFiling is a great place to start. This service can help you establish a federal tax ID for your business, which you’ll need for accounting purposes. When you’re trying to get everything established to set up for business, this is one service that can simplify the tax process for you.

Getting Set Up Is Easy With a Few Clicks

At GovDocFiling, you can get your business set up in a quick and easy step-by-step process online, with just a few clicks of your mouse. GovDocFiling takes care of the rest, by taking your application and processing it directly, filing all the paperwork for you.

First, GovDocFiling helps you decide what format is best for your business. You can learn all about limited liability corporations, S-corporations and C-corporations and determine which best fits your individual needs.

Once you decide on the ideal structure for your business, simply fill out GovDocFiling online EIN application. GovDocFiling then processes the application for you. Just pay a one-time fee and receive your new tax ID number via email within an hour*. You can then immediately apply for a business license, submit a tax return via mail, and open a bank account for your company. Within weeks, your Montana EIN will be in the IRS records.

*Most EINs are processed same or next business day, unless bundled with state formations, processing times will vary.

Using GovDocFiling for your tax ID application lets you spend more time building your business and less time dealing with paperwork. So check out the GovDocFiling website today!

When you’re ready to get started on your application, simply click here.

Start Application Process